We bring you the HIGHEST QUALITY brands…
and here’s how!
Disputes about marijuana and its products might never end. People argue if it is a dangerous drug or a medicine that can really help. However, what nobody denies is the medical potential of this plant. Particular attention is paid to the pure cannabis extract of CBD and the use of such a product as CBD oil for medical and prophylactic purposes.
Cannabinoid oil — how it works?
According to numerous studies, CBD oil is capable to do a lot, and its therapeutic capabilities are also confirmed by the reviews of real people. The range of beneficial effects of cannabidiol and, consequently, the oil enriched with it, is great. It can help in the following cases:
- Pain and inflammations of various etiologies — relief of muscle pain, joint pain, different pains caused by inflammation and irritation of nerve endings, pain in the digestive tract, headaches, relief of PMS, etc. CBD oil works as an analgesic and suppresses inflammation, stimulates healing, and tissue regeneration.
- Problems of the immune system — it increases resistance to colds and viral diseases.
- Various autoimmune diseases such as the manifestations of asthma, a different kind of allergies, and diabetes — it helps to reduce the symptoms.
- Mental health ailments such as insomnia, psychosis, depression caused by nerve strain, relief of pathological conditions in autism spectrum disorders, Alzheimer’s disease, etc.
- Oncology – CBD oil helps the immune system to fight the “enemy”, cancer cells, if not completely suppressing (which is possible at the earliest stages of development of the disease), then restraining the growth of these cells, preventing metastasis. As a result, this situation contributes to more favorable prognosis in the treatment of cancer.
- Strengthening and even slight rejuvenation of the body due to filling the cells with vital force, stimulating the normalization of metabolic processes, etc.
What is medical marijuana?
Cannabinoid oil is a product that can be extracted from medical marijuana. But what is it?
Some opponents of cannabis still believe that the term “medical marijuana” is only a marketing trick, which allows companies to sell regular marijuana on legal grounds. This opinion is another myth. Medical marijuana really helps — the research of scientists and numerous cases of medical practice prove it.
“Medical” marijuana is the plant that is used for therapeutic purposes to reduce the severity of symptoms of a disease. In this case, the psychoactive effect can act as a side effect.
Medicinal components of marijuana
There are more than 400 different chemical compounds in marijuana; about 60 of which are cannabinoids. Each elite sort of this plant contains its own unique proportion of these substances, which determines the presence or absence of medical potential in one or another variety. As a rule, in medical sorts, the level of THC and CBD is the same, or CBD exceeds THC. This allows reducing psychoactive effects and increasing the effectiveness of therapeutic effects. But what do these THC and CBD abbreviations mean?
- THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is the most common psychoactive component of marijuana, which provides all the known effects on the body and brain. This cannabinoid was isolated by Israeli scientist in 1964. In addition to its “intoxicating” effect, THC is able to exert a therapeutic effect — to relieve muscle spasms, to awaken appetite, to create a feeling of happiness, which is important when dealing with depression, etc.
- CBD (cannabidiol) is the second most common cannabinoid, which is not psychoactive but can alter the effects of THC. This substance is very valuable for medical use. CBD has a sedative effect; it has the ability to relieve nausea and vomiting, block pain symptoms.
- CBN (cannabinol) is a powerful analgesic. The ability to reduce arterial and intraocular pressure, to prevent strokes and heart attacks are among its beneficial properties.
- CBC (cannabichromene) — in combination with THC, it works as a painkiller, which can relieve even chronic and severe pain.
- KBG (cannabigerol) acts as a sleeping pill; it is effective in treating insomnia.
The synergistic effect of cannabis is not yet fully understood. Yet thousands of American patients and laboratory tests confirm the potential of this plant as an analgesic, anti-inflammatory agent, effective in anxiety, depression, and tension. It heals, pacifies, and returns a sense of well-being. However, everything is clear with CBD oil: it is a great help for many people, and it cannot be illegal.
CBD oil – is it legal?
Cannabis extract and CBD oil are actively used in many European countries, in Canada, the United States as an independent dietary supplement or raw material for further processing to produce medications. However, in some countries, this oil is still characterized by an ambiguous attitude and the lack of a certain clear interpretation of its legality (or illegality).
Why does it happen? After all, it has long been proven that cannabidiol (CBD) does not have a psychoactive effect on a human being. The Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Delta 9-THC) is responsible for this. CBD oil, on the contrary, softens the effect of Delta 9-THC) and has a healing and protective effect.
At the same time, CBD oil is produced from non-psychoactive cannabis, the concentration of Delta 9-THC in which does not exceed 0.2%, which is considered to be an acceptable norm. The resulting extract is added to the base (any purified vegetable, for example, olive, sesame, and linseed or hemp oil).
As can be seen, neither the bioactive ingredient nor the oil-based does not contain illegal drugs. Thus, the answer to the question of whether a CBD is legitimate would logically have to be positive.
However, everything is not so simple. The lack of clear norms and interpretations allows looking at the CBD oil from different angles. To obtain it, it is necessary to get the extract from the plant and add it to the base. The result of it is the mixture with a 2% – 3% (sometimes, 4%, but not more) concentration of cannabidiol. The extract is obtained by distillation from the resin. At the same time, psychoactive Delta 9-THC is also distilled; it disintegrates only partially, remaining stable. Therefore, technical non-psychoactive plants are used to manufacture CBD. Nevertheless, Delta 9-THC is present in it, although it will not have a sufficient effect even on a child. Thus, it cannot be a drug, which can bring harm to any person.
The number of states where marijuana is legalized is rapidly increasing. In some of them, it is allowed to use it for any purpose, in others – only for therapeutic purposes. There are also countries where even CBD oil cannot be bought.
Where is medical marijuana legalized?
As soon as it is proved that medical marijuana, which is the plant, from which CBD oil is extracted, can treat some disease, several countries legalized it.
At the federal level in the United States, cannabis is a prohibited substance. However, certain states can take separate laws, which they do. At the end of 2016, medical marijuana was legalized in 25 states. On the first days of January 2018, their number increased to 28, and it can be used for any purpose in 9 of them.
It all started in 1996 when they allowed the use of medical marijuana in California. Since this state is the most populous in America, this gave hope to everyone else who knew the benefits of the plant and usefulness of CBD oil. Later, 4 states signed similar bills.
Canada is the first G7 country to use cannabis for any purpose, and not only medical. The corresponding law was taken there in 2018. 52 members of the Senate voted for it. In accordance with it, since September of the same year, all citizens of the country are free to buy and use marijuana, not only CBD oil. It is allowed to have no more than 30 grams of a plant, and at home, you can grow up to 4 bushes, but only for your own use. You can buy marijuana only at licensed points of sale. There are also some other rules for the violation of which you can go to prison. For example, for the sale of cannabis to a minor, the seller faces up to 14 years in prison.
Medical marijuana for treatment became legal in the country earlier: Canadians can get it by prescriptions since 2001. However, only 14 years later, the government began talking about complete legalization.
Countries where only medical marijuana is legalized
It has been allowed to use cannabis for therapeutic purposes since 1994. This can be done only with the permission of the medical specialist. It is prescribed to patients as a medicine. It is prohibited to use the plant ‘for pleasure”
In 2011, the law about legal usage of medical marijuana was approved there. People suffering from cancer could take it. In the near future, the list of diseases for which it will be allowed is planned to be expanded. Sclerosis, serious back injuries and persistent chronic pain will appear there.
The country’s criminal code does not prohibit the use of cannabis, however, those, who store it, can go to jail for 6 months. Exceptions include medical marijuana, the status of which is confirmed by a prescription, and CBD oil.
Other countries with similar laws are:
- New Zealand;
Who knows, maybe in 10–20 years, there will be global legalization of this plant and its helpful products.
Benefits of CBD oil
CBD (or hemp oil) is also a unique dietary product with high biological value. It contains a large number of nutrients that are beneficial to human health. Their proportions are perfectly balanced, therefore they are easily absorbed by the body. Such a useful “cocktail” cannot be found in any plant, vegetable, or fruit. However, some types of seafood have a similar composition.
Unlike the plant itself, cannabis seeds do not contain psychoactive substances — cannabinoids. They are completely legal, and their positive qualities have long been confirmed by medical practice. Medications made from them are also legal, and they are prescribed for people suffering from different diseases.
Hemp oil in ancient times
People know about CBD oil healing effect since ancient times. The oldest records about it were found on the territories of Europe, Latin America, and Asia.
Its exceptional healing properties were widely used in Chinese traditional medicine. Various tinctures and ointments were made from it: people used them to heal cuts and wounds, improve the functioning of the digestive tract, eliminate inflammations, etc.
Hemp oil: composition
Traditionally, the method of cold pressing is used to obtain high-quality CBD oil. It allows you to save all the beneficial substances contained in the seeds, and also makes the resulting product easily digestible for the body. Sometimes, the method of hot pressing is used, but after it some of the positive qualities of the product are lost.
The ready-made CBD oil has a light green color as it contains much chlorophyll. It has a pleasant aroma, and its taste is slightly sour.
The dietary and nutritional value of CBD oil is great. It contains the unique composition of polyunsaturated, saturated, unsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids in the following proportions:
- Linolenic acid – 15-28%;
- Palmitic acid – 5.5-9.9%;
- Linoleic acid – 36-50%;
- Stearic acid – 1.7-5.6%;
- Oleic acid – 6-16%.
This composition is perfectly balanced for the human body. CBD oil also contains:
- Amino acids;
- Various trace elements;
- 7 different vitamins.
Healing properties of CBD oil
CBD oil is beneficial for absolutely all people, regardless of age. The unique and balanced composition of useful substances gives it a mass of useful and healing properties, namely:
- Wound healing;
Healing qualities of CBD oil are confirmed by a large number of clinical studies. In addition, it is a natural therapeutic and prophylactic agent that is recommended to be used to contain diseases of various systems.
- Thanks to the ideal proportions of fatty acids, CBD oil can lower cholesterol levels in the blood. It also clears blood vessels from plaques, strengthens the heart muscles. It is recommended to take to reduce the risk of strokes and heart attacks.
- Due to the presence of chlorophyll, zinc and iron in its composition CBD oil promote the synthesis of blood cells. It is recommended for people suffering from anemia.
- The effectiveness of CBD oil use in complex therapy for the treatment of asthmatic diseases and respiratory infections was proven in the 1990s. Medical specialists in certain European countries recommend it for patients suffering from bronchitis, tuberculosis, pneumonia, upper respiratory tract infections, and bronchial asthma.
- Oncologists use it in complex therapy to reduce side effects after chemotherapy.
- The use of CBD oil has a positive effect on the work of the entire human digestive system. It helps to fight with colitis, gastritis, and stomach ulcers.
- With regular use CBD oil improves the metabolic process. It is often included in the diet of people who has problems with their weight.
- It can treat different dermatological diseases. Patients suffering from lupus, psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis can use it. It treats burns, skin redness, boils, inflamed wounds.
- CBD oil has a calming, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. Linoleic acid contained in it promotes the absorption of calcium, which strengthens the bones. Patients with fractures, bruises, osteoporosis, sprains, arthrosis, and osteochondrosis can use it.
- It has a generally beneficial effect on the central nervous system of a person. CBD oil helps people suffering from insomnia, hyperactivity, inhibition of reactions, neurosis, and other behavioral disorders.
- It also has a positive effect on human immunity, enhancing its protective function. It optimizes the immune system, which helps it resist diseases more effectively.
- Some people worry that they can feel “on high” with this oil. No one of those, who used it, had at least the slight symptoms of euphoria.
CBD oil in cosmetology and aromatherapy
CBD oil has excellent nutritional and regenerating properties. It is almost instantly absorbed through the skin, and it is not greasy. It can be used to strengthen the capillaries because it penetrates deep under the skin. With continued use, the skin becomes softer and more elastic. It has a strong rejuvenating effect and protects a person from ultraviolet radiation. It can be found in the composition of many protective creams and masks. There is also a positive effect on the hair and nails. It eliminates the fragility, dryness, and dullness of the hair, making them strong and shiny. CBD oil is a part of many aroma oils that are commonly used in aromatherapy. It affects the psychological state of a person, helping to eliminate insomnia and stress. It also exhibits an analgesic effect on rheumatic and arthritic pains, relieves muscle spasms, helps ease breathing and contributes to the expansion of the bronchi during inhalation.
Can CBD oil usage give a positive drug test?
You may be a fan of cannabis who is trying to get a dream job or regularly take control tests on drugs at work, or you are just afraid that the use of cannabis is incompatible with driving a car. Obviously, THC will appear on the test, but will the CBD oil be in the test?
Like THC, CBD has many beneficial health abilities, from stress relief to reducing nausea and vomiting. Unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive. For anyone who wants to use the healing potential of cannabis without its intoxicating effects, CBD oil is an excellent and very attractive option. It is obtained from technical hemp and medical marijuana. The drug test will be negative.
Can CBD oil be a placebo?
As the hype about CBD oil does not end, the question appears: can it be a simple placebo? After all, thousands of people are returning for their preferences, whether it’s chewing gum or tincture, and they are sure that they are helping them. The placebo effect cannot be excluded. In fact, it happens that the control group with placebo shows even better effects. There is documented evidence that the placebo works even in cases where the recipients know about it. However, all the “pros” of CBD oil, mentioned here, prove that it is a magnificent medicine.